The Easiest (looks complicated) Dish Ever, Veggie Loaded Ramen! With a passion for learning how to make more authentic dishes working with Ramen has been one of the most challenging to work with, creating a true broth base for it takes time and refrigeration we don’t have at the moment. That being said, making this dish quickly and to make everyone happy can be done with ease.
It is by far one of the best meals I have had since going vegan. There is an insanely easy way to make this dish taste like everything good about going to take-out Chinese restaurants!
Since cutting out eating out as well as going gluten free it is 1000x easier just to make our own dishes! This being said if anyone knows of a place that is vegan, soy and gluten free, let me know in the comments! Or email, DM, text, call, or start sending smoke signals immediately! I need to know that they are real.
Anyways, off that rant. So much better for you and your families physical, mental and spiritual health to take into account what each of you are putting into your body to create your physical self, in turn programming your mental state effecting your spiritual being. Fuel your beings with as much of the positivity this world can offer you and yours. It will improve so many aspects of your life!
Since working on this transition to less processed vegan foods as well, there have been so many other changes that have occurred. My mental state has gotten clearer, my thoughts can be focused easier. I am hoping that this can be shared with others for ideas and instilling the idea of the opportunity for your brains and bodies to get a dose of the right stuff.
There will be a recipe one day for a veggie broth once autumn is here.
Veggie Loaded Vegan Ramen
- 3 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Broth
- 3 C of Water
- 1/4 C Sesame Oil
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- (If wanted, 2 tbsp honey is amazing)
- 1/4 C Soy Sauce
- 1 Whole Star Anise
- 1/2 16 oz. package of Firm Tofu
- 1/2 of a baby bok choy
- 2 Whole Carrots
- 1/2 C Sprouts (Alfalfa tastes pretty good)
- 1 Dried Sea Weed Sheets or 1/2 box Snack papers
- 2 Green Onion
- 1 C Mushrooms
- 2 C Spinach
- 2 packages of Ramen Noodles
- Prep: Drain and cut your tofu press all of it immediately after and then marinade 1/2 the package in 1/2 C soy sauce, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp ground ginger.
- In a sauce pot saute onions and garlic in sesame oil, once they have caramelized add in Star Anise, Honey and Better than Bouillon Broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- While that is boiling 1/4 to 1/2 inch; slices of bok choy, shred the carrot in a food processor no to paste but to a fine stranded cut, slice the green onion into 1/4 inch pieces, finally top down cut the mushrooms.
- When it boils toss the tofu, bok choy, spinach and mushrooms into the pot. Let that simmer for about 15 minutes then, add in the Ramen noodles and while that is finishing up start plating like a boss and layer some of the sprouts and carrot cuts into a piece of seaweed and roll it to top off the dish.
- Take the Star out of the pot, place the soup into two bowls, top with rest of the veggies and sea weed wrapped veggies to look like the date night boss!
This is a dish I love to help others with because there is little room for error, go experiment with flavors with dish, a touch of fresh ginger is great make sure you remove it before serving though! Can become quite spicy.
Sriracha is also another one my family loves to add to the dish with a dash of chili powder for a bit more of a spicy take on the dish. With such little touches widening the spectrum of the meal I am still in love with it every time!
How do you bring together your family and how to you reinvent easy meals to more nutrient dense alternatives? I’d love to hear and share any quick meal ideas you have! From my family to yours, the giving always proceeds.
If you are spending the time to read all of this thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day brightening up others lives! You are cared for even if you don’t realize it!
This looks so nutritious and delicious!